Mifi Hotspot: Everything You Need to Know About
Mifi hotspot – An overview
A mifi hotspot or a mobile hotspot is a portable, pocket-size device that can be used the access internet on a variety of devices while you’re on the go. The devices supported by mifi hotspot are smartphones, tablets, laptops, e-book readers, portable gaming devices, mp3 players, and more. Their functionality is the same as the functionality of Wi-Fi modems. However, they rely on cellular data to provide 3G or 4G internet access. Mifi hotspots, also known as Wi-Fi hotspots, portable hotspots, and mobile hotspots can be used to access the internet on multiple devices.
Examples of mifi hotspots
These days, there are several types of mifi hotspots on the market. Some are tiny, portable devices that are supported by different cellular carriers that broadcast 3G signals or 4G signals, while the others smartphone mobile hotspots. Some mifi hotspots are also plug and play devices, also known as Wi-Fi dongles. Mifi hotspots or mobile hotspots allow users to easily connect to multiple iPhones, iPads, PCs, and many other devices. They are much easier to operate than USB dongles or smartphone mobile hotspots, and do not require any software support.
While smartphone mobile hotspots can also be used to access the internet while you’re traveling, they are not as fast as mifi hotspots. Smartphone-based mobile hotspots are not as reliable and fast as mifi hotspots.
Advantages of mifi hotspots
Being able to access the internet and work anywhere has its own perks. Moreover, since mifi hotspots can connect with multiple devices, they’re more useful than the other on the go internet solutions.
Many users identify the most significant advantage of mifi hotspot as a dedicated connection for their devices no matter where they go. Depending on your internet usage and the place you’re traveling, you may need to pick a mifi hotspot service that is suitable for you based on your requirements. Research shows that 60% of the people can’t go without Wi-Fi for more than a day.
Let’s quickly look at some advantages of a mifi hotspot:
- Avoiding the use of cellphone data
- Saving your cellphone’s battery
- Safely tethering to more than one device
- Working for extended periods without losing the internet connection
- Using your cellphone while the mifi hotspot is allowing you to access the internet on your laptop
Limitations of mifi hotspots
The only limitation of mifi hotspots is that the speed of the internet connection depends on the cellular data signal strength. Also, when multiple devices use the same mifi hotspot, the internet speed can reduce. Portable hotspots such as mifi hotspots require power to operate. Depending on the number of device’s you’ve connected and the overall usage, the battery may get drained rapidly.
The most sought-after mifi hotspot for travelers
If you’re a frequent traveler, you definitely need a mifi hotspot to run your business while you’re spanning different countries.
‘My Webspot’ is a portable Pocket WiFi that allows you to access the internet while you’re traveling abroad. It is rental pocket-size Wi-Fi device that can be used anytime, anywhere, even in the most remote locations. You can access the internet globally and share the access with your friends.
Imagine, you’re in the mountains, having a great time with your friends, and suddenly the call of duty strikes. What will you do in such a situation? This is where the importance of My Webspot mifi hotspot comes into the picture. With My Webspot, you have unlimited internet access at highly-affordable rental rates.
Why My Webspot is the right choice for travelers?
Here are a few reasons why My Webspot is an ideal choice for travelers:
- Unlimited internet access: You can access the internet 24x7; no matter where you are. Moreover, there’s no limit on the daily usage.
- High-speed internet: You can make the most of high-speed internet using the pocket-size mifi hotspot.
- Travel abroad: Whether you’re traveling within your country or abroad, My Webspot will be your travel companion. The device works in over 100 countries across the world. Moreover, you don’t need to get hassled about connecting the device with the network as soon as you switch a country. The device will automatically detect the country change and work accordingly.
- Multiple devices: My Webspot can connect to up to 5 devices at a time.
- Extended battery life: No worrying about charging the device while you’re in a video conference. The device can work for up to 8 hours without charging.
- No roaming charges: Yes, that’s right. There are no roaming charges or hidden costs. You only have to pay the rental price.
- Biggest data plans: We have put together some of the most useful and elaborate data plans on the market. The basic plan also includes 4G internet.
How to rent the device and return it?
- Pre-book your My Webspot device by selecting the delivery address, date, delivery mode, and pay online.
- The device will be delivered at your doorstep in Europe.
- Enjoy unlimited 4G internet access while you’re traveling.
- Pack the device in an envelope and ship it back if you don’t need it anymore.
*Unlimited internet with Daily Fair Usage Policy applies. Europe & USA: 1GB in 4G/LTE - Mexico : 2GB - South East Asia, Japan & China: Unlimited 4G/LTE - Rest of the world: 500MB in 4G /LTE. Throttled speed of up to 512kbps afterwards.