The 10 Most Visited Cities in 2016 in the World
Every year Mastercard is conducting a study about the most visited cities in the world. Among airline ticket sales and souvenir purchases, overnight stays is one of the important variables deciding which city has been the most visited in 2016. Check out the list below:
The 10 Most visited Cities in the World in 2016
1. Bangkok, Thailand: Number of overnight visitors: 21.47 million
2. London, UK: Number of overnight visitors: 19.88 million
3. Paris, France: Number of overnight visitors: 18.03 million
4. Dubai, United Arab Emirates : Number of overnight visitors: 15.27 million
5. New York, United States of America: Number of overnight visitors: 12.75 million
6. Singapore: Number of overnight visitors: 12.11 million
7. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Number of overnight visitors: 12.02 million
8. Istanbul, Turkey: Number of overnight visitors: 11.95 million
9. Tokyo, Japan: Number of overnight visitors: 11.7 million
10. Seoul, South Korea: Number of overnight visitors: 10.02 million
Avoid Roaming charges in the most popular destinations
You are planning on visiting any of these global travel hotspots this year? Keep in mind that Data Roaming especially in these popular places can quickly make a nightmare out of your holiday. The Roaming costs can reach up to $5 per MB with most phone providers. Additionally, hotel-, coffee shop- and public WiFi can be a high risk to hacking and especially slow internet connections.
In order to avoid the problems of slow and insecure connections we recommend to rent a Pocket WiFi. A Pocket WiFi is a small device that acts as your mobile high speed internet router, that can share the highspeed internet connection with up to 10 devices (notebook, tablet and smartphone). It also allows you to use unlimited data, whereby you are offered 1GB of data volume of 4G LTE internet per day. Order it to your hotel or accommodation to stay connected.
*Unlimited internet with Daily Fair Usage Policy applies. Europe & USA: 1GB in 4G/LTE - Mexico : 2GB - South East Asia, Japan & China: Unlimited 4G/LTE - Rest of the world: 500MB in 4G /LTE. Throttled speed of up to 512kbps afterwards.